GATE 2020 registration process will begin from the first week of September 2019. IIT Delhi will be releasing GATE 2020 application form on the official website of GOAPS. GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) is the official website for all GATE events. Candidates planning to appear for GATE 2020 will have to complete the online GATE application 2020 and make the payment of application fee.
Before applying for GATE 2020, it is mandatory for aspirants to check the exam eligibility criteria. GATE eligibility 2020 states that candidates should have completed or are in the final year of graduation in the relevant subject from a recoganised university. Read more on GATE eligibility 2020
GATE 2020 Registration & Application Form Dates
IIT Delhi, GATE 2020 conducting authority will release GATE application form 2020 in due time. However, candidates can take a look at the below tentative dates for reference:
|GATE 2020 registrations begin||First week of September 2019|
|Last date to fill GATE 2020 application form||Last week of September 2019|
|Last date to apply for GATE 2020 with late fee||October 2019|
|Correction requests||October/November 2019|
How to apply for GATE 2020?
GATE 2020 application is an online process which includes registrations, payment of application fee, filling the application form and uploading the required documents. Take a look at the detailed GATE 2020 registration process below:
Step 1: Register on GOAPS website
To begin with, aspirants will be requested to visit – http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in. Please note that it could also be accessed from the official website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2020 organizing institute.
Note: The login to the GOAPS interface requires your GOAPS password. So, aspirants are requested to keep their password information safe and not disclose it to anyone.
Registration: Aspirants need to register for the exam by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communications from the GATE Offices willl be sent to this email address. Please note that only one person would be able to register with one e-mail Address.
The candidates will be advised to give their personal mobile number because most of the communications were sent via SMS.
GOAPS Password: Aspirants will have to choose a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Students are recommended to choose a password that’s hard to guess (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd).
GOAPS Enrollment ID: Once aspirants register for GATE 2020, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidates on the email id provided.
A snapshot of GOAPS login window:
Step 2: Fill the online application form for GATE 2020
At this stage candidates will have to login on the official website of GOAPS using their registered credentials. Once logged in, candidates will be able to fill GATE 2020 application form.
The GOAPS website allows aspirants to enter data, “Save” partially filled form,“Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Aspirants can also avail online help about using GOAPS on the official website.
Problems in Login into GOAPS – In case, aspirants forgot their user ID or password, they will be required to follow the instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.
Details to be filled in GATE 2020 application form
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents name, parents mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must be exactly same as that in the qualifying degree certificate (or) the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2020 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before the name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
Step 3: Pay GATE 2020 application fee
After filling the online application form, candidates will have to make the payment of GATE 2020 application fee. The application fee and various payment options are given below. Please remember that the application fee is non-refundable.
GATE 2020 application fee for examination centres in India:
|Candidate Category||On or before September 21||During the extended period|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
GATE 2020 application fee for candidates at international centres:
|Examination Centres||On or before 21st Sept.2018||During the Extended Period|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$50||US$70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$100||US$120|
Online Net-Banking Payment Details:
- Aspirants need to visit the GOAPS website. From there, there will be redirected to the website of the bank of your choice.
- Aspirants will have to pay the fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan.
- While trying to pay the fee, aspirants will be shown the fee amount and bank charges where they have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2020.
- Once aspirants confirmed and the payment was successful, aspirants will be redirected back to the GATE Online Application Website.
- If you come across any difficulty (due to internet connection or power failure, for example), and you are not sure whether your payment has been processed or not, then please login back to GOAPS and check the status of the payment. You can also check the status from your bank.
- In case the fee amount has been debited from your bank account and GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account within seven working days.
- In such a case, you may initiate a fresh payment using GOAPS, even without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account, so that your application is on time.
- Once the payment is successful a “Fee Payment Number” will be generated which is unique and MUST be saved by the candidate as it will be used in the later stages when he/she fills up the GATE 2020 Application form.
Important: Candidate should fill in the details on the GOAPS website without any error because the application is liable to be rejected if there is any error. As a checklist the candidate MUST verify that he/she has filled in and uploaded the following as required:
a) Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.).
b) Address for Communication (including PIN code).
c) Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college).
d) The signed application form (with photograph affixed) with Principal’s certificate, if that is the proof of your eligibility to appear in GATE 2020 OR other eligibility documents required to appear in GATE 2020 (e.g., degree certificate).
e) High-quality image of a recent photograph
f) Category certificate in case a discounted application fee is claimed
g) Good quality image of signature
h) Details of the same valid ID Proof that will be carried to the examination hall
i) Fee payment number
Note: Before submitting the GATE 2020 application, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled/uploaded and there is NO ERROR. An application once submitted CANNOT be changed/rectified. The current status of an application will be updated after the receipt and scrutiny of the application by the respective zonal GATE Office. This status can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS.
Documents to be uploaded while filling GATE 2020 application form
Take a look at the below documents to be uploaded in order to complete the GATE 2020 registration process:
- High-quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 2KB and 200KB)
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the specified requirements (File size should be between 2KB and 150KB)
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/ Institute (format specified in Appendix A of the Information Brochure) (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Details of the valid Identity Document* (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
*Valid Identity Document: Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
How to make changes in GATE 2020 paper?
- Visit the official website of GOAP
- Login using your enrollment ID or email address and password
- One you login, you would be choose the paper you wish to appear for in GATE 2020
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button after choosing your preferred course
- You will be redirected to the payment page. Entering the captcha will lead you to the payment page.
- The fee for exam paper change for Indian candidates is Rs. 300 and for students outside India is US $10.
Students can make the fee payment via credit card/net banking/ debit card/ UPI/ Wallet and Cash Card and International Card. Candidates, if applicable, will also have to pay the service tax and other in addition to the fee amount.