Techland has dropped their latest “Dying 2 Know” video for Dying Light 2: Stay Human, and this time around the focus is on the game’s upgradable structures. Basically, these buildings will be abandoned when you first start the game, but you can restore them to life and assign them to one of the game’s factions – you’ll be able to get a bakery, school, art academy, military training site, and more back up and running.
Aside from just sprucing up the city, upgrading these structures will unlock new vendors, sidequests, and challenges. The latter sound the most interesting, as they’ll provide particularly elaborate combat and parkour trials to deal with – Dying Light 2 creative director Tymon Smektala goes so far as to compare the parkour challenges to 3D Mario levels. Check out the latest Dying 2 Know video for yourself, below.
In other exciting Dying Light news, Techland has confirmed they’re finally working on a proper next-gen console upgrade for the original game.
We’re currently working on a next-gen patch for Dying Light 1 – more details coming in the future 🙂
— Dying Light (@DyingLightGame) October 14, 2021
Haven’t been keeping up with Dying Light 2? Scroll on down for the game’s official description:
Over twenty years ago in Harran, we fought the virus — and lost. Now, we’re losing again. The City, one of the last large human settlements, is torn by conflict. Civilization has fallen back into the Dark Ages. And yet, we still have hope. You are a wanderer with the power to change the fate of The City. But your exceptional abilities come at a price. Haunted by memories you cannot decipher, you set out to learn the truth… and find yourself in a combat zone. Hone your skills, as you’ll need both fists and wits. Unravel the dark secrets behind the wielders of power, choose sides and decide your destiny. But wherever your actions take you, there’s one thing you can never forget — stay human
- Vast open world – Participate in the life of a city engulfed in a new dark era. Discover different paths and hidden passages, as you explore its multiple levels and locations.
- Choices and consequences – Shape the future of The City with your actions and watch how it changes. Determine the balance of power by making choices in a growing conflict and forge your own experience.
- Day and Night cycle – Wait for night to venture into dark hideouts of the Infected. Sunlight keeps them at bay, but once it’s gone, monsters begin the hunt, leaving their lairs free to explore.
- Creative and brutal combat – Take advantage of your parkour skills to tip the scales of even the most brutal encounter. Clever thinking, traps and creative weapons will be your best friends.
- 2-4 player co-op gameplay – Play in up to four-player co-op. Host your own games or join others and see how their choices have played out differently than yours.
- Ah, but that’s not all – Techland has also announced Dying Light: Platinum Edition, which collects all the game’s post-launch content in one bundle, will also be available on Switch. Unlike Dying Light 2, the Platinum Edition will be running natively on the Switch, rather than on the cloud.
Dying Light 2: Stay Human is coming to PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and Switch via the cloud on February 4, 2022.